It’s that time again – the moment Premium members get the chance to vote for two players for the next Meltwater Champions Chess Tour event.
This time, we have the biggest line-up of potential players yet. But be quick – you only have two days to make your choices.
For the next tournament, which starts on May 23 and runs until May 31, we have 17 players ready to fight it out against the Tour’s top players.
There’s quite a mix for you to choose from. Will you go for an old hand or a young buck? Will you go for your favourite, or the one who can do the most damage? It’s up to you.
All you need to do is fill out the form below and choose TWO names. These players will all want to get on the Tour bandwagon and just need a chance to break into the automatic qualification slots for the rest of the Tour. So who will it be?
Who to choose?
You have a choice of 17 names. Here they are:
- Former World Blitz Champ, Liem Quang Le
- Former world title challenger, Sergey Karjakin
- India’s No.2, Pentala Harikrishna
- Former US Champ, Sam Shankland
- India’s No. 3, Vidit Gujrathi
- Polish sensation, Jan-Krzysztof Duda
- German No.1, Matthias Bluebaum
- Spanish Champion, David Anton Guijarro
- US No. 3, Leinier Dominguez
- Three-time World Blitz champ, Alexander Grischuk
- Indian prodigy, Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa
- Norway’s No.2, Aryan Tari
- European Blitz champ, Gawain Jones
- Sweden’s No.1, Nils Grandelius
- Norway’s No.3, Johan-Sebastian Christiansen
- Argentina’s No.1, Alan Pichot
- Tata Steel Masters champ, Jorden Van Foreest
Fill out the form below to cast your vote.
Who else is playing?
After the last event, World Champion Magnus Carlsen is now the Tour leader. The top eight qualify for the upcoming tournament automatically. Here are the current standings after the New In Chess Classic:
Six wild card entries will be revealed later.
The next tournament will be our next Major with a prize pot of at least $220,000 (perhaps more, watch this space!) and 16 players taking part.
The tournament winner will pocket a top prize of at least $60,000 plus a seat in the Tour finals in September. So there’s a lot at stake here!
Remember, voting is open only to Premium members. If for any reason the poll winner can’t make the event, the chance will be offered to the next on the list.
Voting will end on Wednesday, May 12 at 00:00 CET and the winners will be announced in the full player line-up announcement. The process for stage one is simple: complete this poll!