Seventeen names and you get two choices – this is the latest Premium-only vote for the Meltwater Champions Chess Tour.
For the next tournament, which starts on June 26 and runs until July 4, we have a stellar line-up of players ready to fight it out against the Tour’s elite.
Who will you choose to pit against the best? The last time around it was Argentina’s young Grandmaster Alan Pichot. This time Pichot is back in the vote and we have an exciting mix of players for you to choose from.
You have a choice of 17 names. Here they are:
- Former World Blitz Champ, Liem Quang Le
- Former world title challenger, Sergey Karjakin
- India’s No.2, Pentala Harikrishna
- Former US Champ, Sam Shankland
- Azerbaijan no. 1 Shakhriyar Mamedyarov
- Polish sensation, Jan-Krzysztof Duda
- German No.1, Matthias Bluebaum
- US No. 3, Leinier Dominguez
- Three-time World Blitz champ, Alexander Grischuk
- Eight-time Russian champ, Peter Svidler
- Norway’s No.2, Aryan Tari
- European Blitz champ, Gawain Jones
- Sweden’s No.1, Nils Grandelius
- Norway’s No.3, Johan-Sebastian Christiansen
- Argentina’s No.1, Alan Pichot
- Tata Steel Masters champ, Jorden Van Foreest
- Former World Rapid champ, Daniil Dubov
Fill out the form below to cast your vote.
Who else is playing?
Play Magnus Group has not released the full list of other players yet. However, we do know at least three names.
The Indian youngster D Gukesh is the latest to qualify after winning the Gelfand Challenge on Sunday.
Gukesh will be by far the youngest in the field and follows in the footsteps of fellow countryman Praggnanandhaa, who qualified for the FTX Crypto Cup also via the Julius Baer Challengers Chess Tour.
Two more Indians also won through from the Indian Qualifier held by chess24 last month. They are 17-year-old Arjun Erigaisi, who won the event, and Baskaran “The Beast” Adhiban.
The top eight in the Meltwater Champions Chess Tour standings also qualify by right – and should they choose to accept their invitations, they will play. They are:
The next event is a “Regular” meaning there is a $100,000 prize pot and $30,000 for winning it. More is at stake than money, however: the top players are racing to rack up points to book their places in the Tour final in September.
Also, keep an eye on the San Fermin Banter Blitz Cup, where another player in the line-up will win a golden ticket to the Meltwater Champions Chess Tour event that follows this one and starts on July 31.
Remember, voting is open only to Premium members. If for any reason the poll winners can’t make the event, the chance will be offered to the next on the list.
Voting will end on Tuesday, June 15 at 18:00 CET and the winners will be announced in the full player line-up announcement. The process for stage one is simple: complete this poll!