Most club players already know that the outpost is a strong square where a piece cannot be attacked by the opponent’s pawns or easily exchanged off without giving up material.
However, when it comes to more practical things, that’s where many players get stuck…
IM Ratkovic does a great job explaining this simple, yet often misunderstood concept so that ANY chess player can understand it and utilize it in their own games.
In this course, we are going to analyze some very interesting and instructive games from IMs and GMs practice where outposts played the key role.
Watch the Video Preview:
Here is what you’ll discover:
- How to create a strong outpost?
- The KEY difference between a GOOD outpost and a BAD outpost
- Types of squares that make GREAT outposts
- What pieces you should place on an outpost and why?
- How to use your outposts?
What this course will do for you?
After studying this 3-hours course, you’ll have a solid understanding of an Outposts, how to create one, and how to take advantage of the outposts you already have. You’ll also learn the most common ways and techniques to play against the outposts.
Here is what you’ll learn:
- Outpost fundamentals – must-know concepts for all under 2200 players
- Typical knight maneuvers for occupying the outposts
- How to create and outposts, and what positional clues to look out for
- How to play against an outpost [when and what to exchange]
- Using outposts to weaken your opponent’s position and undermine the pawn structure
- The advanced outpost play – complex positions
- Positions with multiple outposts
Watch the full video with TCW Academy!
Want to get access to the entire library of chess videos just like this one? Check out TCW Academy, the premium membership for chess players, coaches, and parents!
Our platform combines video lessons and training into a complete system, so you can quickly learn and start winning games tomorrow!
You get tons of exclusive content and benefits like:
- Unlimited Access to Academy Video Library [Our Team of top coaches like GM Marian Petrov and GM Bryan Smith is here to help you gain at least 250 Elo points by summer]
- Access to New Exclusive Videos [New videos are released twice a month and PGNs are included]
- Pick what chess skills you are looking to develop and follow your path to Mastery
- Master every skill easily with our powerful quizzing system
- Can’t find a topic you want to learn? Use our ‘Request a Course’ feature!
- …and much more!
JOIN for just $1: Click here to sign up for TCW Academy now.
Find this post useful? Share it?