We all love attacking in our games, but we have to consider our opponent’s possibilities at every stage too.
In this month’s iChess Club member’s game, NM Fer Broca looks at a fascinating game in the French Defense.
Black plays with vigor, quickly opening up some dangerous lines against the White king. What follows is a great lesson in choosing between 2 attacking options and balancing speed of attack with prophylaxis.
iChess Club members can watch the full video on this page.
Want your game to be considered for future analysis videos? Club members can reply to any iChess Club email with their game PGN and details about when and where it was played, plus their approximate rating.
Ideally, we want to analyze games that have a learning point. So, if you couldn’t find a way to defend against a strong attack or convert an endgame in which you had an extra pawn, share your game with us!
Watch the Full Video with iChess.club
Want to watch the full video? Check out the iChess Club, a premium membership for our top fans and customers that gives you tons of exclusive benefits such as:
- Exclusive new premium videos each week by the world’s top Grandmasters and chess educators (such as this one!)
- 40% off all items in our shop, anytime
- 5% additional discount for products already on sale
- Sale extender allowing you to get an item at the sale price up to 30 days after a sale has ended!
- An additional $20 in store credit each month you renew!
- A 30+ minute preview of almost every product in our shop
All this for only $19.97 a month! Click here to sign up for the iChess Club and get your first month for only $1.